Now it's personal

Okay, so today I was first confronted with this.
Key members of the government are prepared to give core responsibility for economic policy to the European Union in Brussels as the only way to stabilise the eurozone, the Algemeen Dagblad reports. (...)

Handing more sovereignty to the European Union would include the setting up of a European institute to intervene in member states before a crisis erupted.
And at the beginning of this evening I read this:
"The first of these propositions is to create a real economic government for the euro zone. This economic government will be made up of ... heads of state and government that will meet twice a year, and more if necessary. It will elect a stable president for two and half years... We propose that if he is a candidate that this stable president is Herman Van Rompuy."
In a perfect world there would now be a mass of citizens, filled with righteous anger, descending upon the Hague to tear the PM and his ministers limb for limb over this awful betrayal. To hell with moderation and civility and 'democratic means'. As the Dutch saying goes: He who does not want to listen should be made to feel.

But this is not a perfect world alas. So here I sit, all by my lonesome, seething with a powerless rage and burning eyes over yet another grand betrayal.

This has nothing to do with 'relaxing the market'. This is a coup. All those years of telling us the aim is NOT a centralized European government are now coming to fruition by instituting a centralized European government. One we did not vote for. One we (most of us) do not want.

And to think I voted for this coalition, I supported it. Hell, I rejoiced in the coming together of the 'Danish' cabinet, that promised, solemnly swore to roll back the power of the EUnion of national government.

And this is how I receive thanks for my vote. You cunts, you complete and UTTER cunts! All of you, cabinet, parliament and social partners, are beneath contempt for participating in this power grab. You've now made it personal. You took my vote and used it for this perversion. Okay then. I know where I stand now. And I will act accordingly. None of you is worth the time of day. That much you've convinced us of today.

But there will be a reckoning. If there is one thing that is consistent enough in history it could be declared a law: Ignore, belittle and betray the people long enough and often enough and there will be a 'day of the axe'. And when that day comes don't look to me or mine for help or sympathy. You will have earned all that you get on that black day. And I will not suppress the venomous smile forcing itself on my face.

12 reacties:

Sue Jameson zei

The Fourth Reich is born :  16th August 2011 A very sad day for democracy!

Captain Ranty zei

It's a dark day in European history. As always, it benefits only the elites. So we must do all we can to stop this abomination.

I will be tireless in this endeavour. No to this bastard EU!

CR.

Bernd zei

Any politician or political party that will speak out their support for this terrible, terrible (and worse) idea, will have lost my vote.
By the way, and this has been applicable to politicians in the past 50 years, isn't there a word for people who aid and abet to handing over sovereignty to foreign institutions or governments? What happened in other times (let's say, 65 years ago... I know, I know, there's a 'godwin' in there somewhere) to those people that were accused of this?

Klein Verzet zei

"isn't there a word for people who aid and abet to handing over sovereignty to foreign institutions or governments?"

I don't know about a word, but here on KV a particular name crops up every now and then in reference to this behavior. I trust you're familiar with a certain Anton M.?

DP111 zei

Quote:  It will elect a stable president for two and half years... 

That is good. The last thing we need is a EU president who is not stable.

DP111 zei

Quisling?

DP111 zei

 Churchill opined that; “Hope has returned to the hearts of scores of millions of men and women, and with that hope there burns the flame of anger against the brutal, corrupt invader. And still more fiercely burn the fires of hatred and contempt for the filthy Quislings whom he has suborned.”

Klein Verzet zei

The Dutch version of him: Anton Mussert

Klein Verzet zei

And still more fiercely burn the fires of hatred and contempt for the filthy Quislings whom he has suborned.

All I can answer is a resounding: YES!

Morningstar zei

We don't need any EU-president at all. At the end of the day, everything about EU is pure fascism and needs to be destroyed.

Mad Morgan zei

Thank you KZ.I'm 60 next year and I've never heard it before. You can be sure I will remember it:

"  To hell with moderation and civility and 'democratic means'. As the
Dutch saying goes: He who does not want to listen should be made to
feel. " That is a good one. We (UK) have some of our own words of wisdom that we learn as we're growing up. that was not one of them. Another good one I first heard  (literally) within the latest few years was an Indian one.


Mad Morgan

Klein Verzet zei

Thanks for the kind words MM. What was the Indian one?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...